1) 'Asian Values' do not hold
good for the entire Asian continent.
There are many a long standing religious and social divisions in
- Many of the so called Asian
'Values' are also Western values.
- 'Asian Values' it is argued are the ideological constructs of Asian leadership rather than the genuinely held beliefs of their subjects.
- There is disagreement within the Asian region. President Lee of
Taiwan is an advocate of universal liberal values.
- The 'Asia Crisis' discredits the "Asian Values" position.
In the ultimate analysis, however, it may not be fair to regard one system of values as superior or inferior to other system of values. The values are dynamic and changing values are not necessarily the result of cultural imperialism, but are often the natural result of social and economic evolution